Sunday, March 16, 2014

But dreams come slow, and they go so fast.

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low,
Only hate the road when you're missing home.
Barring any unlikely and extreme changes with family and finance, the decision on whether to leave for London or remain here lies entirely with me. Except for the fact that I've spent close to two decades here, I see no reason not to move.

Of course, there is the statistically-not-improbable possibility that I will end up hating living in the UK/Europe long-term. Maybe I will come to hate the cold weather and the food, and end up dreaming of rice, noodles, humidity and the sun while shivering in bed after eating stale bread for dinner.
Only need the light when it's burning low,
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow.
No doubt that if I leave, I will wonder what could have happened with certain people here. For the most part I know I will be relieved though.
But dreams come slow, and they go so fast.

Note to reader: Quotes are from the song "Let Her Go" by Passenger, go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment