Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The biggest lie

It's been difficult trying to stay positive, or at least less negative/anxious recently, I feel like I've been putting in effort to be more friendly but end up being perceived as awkward/weird/shy.

That's probably why I've been putting off doing this "one positive thing a day" challenge. Guess I'm afraid to admit to myself that not a single thing succeeded in lifting my spirits on certain days.

5th to 12th Feb: ???

13th Feb: Managed to survive the day, i.e. found friendly people I didn't feel too weird with.
14th Feb: The workshop wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A clear example of how my anxiety can get ahead of me and create detailed scenarios a million times worse than reality. Happy valentine's! (ok not really)
15th Feb: Am on ASOS now and apparently I made a huge order on this day. Still waiting for it to arrive!
16th Feb: Got bitten by a dog. Since I'm typing this retrospectively, I can say that it was actually a rather interesting experience. Honestly it was nowhere near as painful as I had expected a dog bite to be. It looked pretty bad but it didn't hurt much and seems to be healing fairly well. :)
17th Feb:
18th Feb: Really appreciate that a friend ate again even though he wasn't hungry so that I didn't have to eat alone... Actually I wouldn't have minded if he had been honest but it was the thought that went into his actions that made me glad. A fun day fooling others into believing that there was a test to study for. One of them still thinks the test is real!
19th Feb: Had lunch with old friends and I managed to arrive on time.
20th Feb: ? Went to the library with K after class to print notes.
21st Feb: Stayed at home the entire day, save for some time around 10pm when I realised that I'd run out of paper and I needed some to print my notes on ASAP. Managed to get some before the shops closed.
22nd Feb: Had an approximately 4 hour lunch with some course mates. Clearly, we can hold a conversation. So glad no one turned to their phones too much (pet peeve of mine). Borrowed a bunch of books from the library.
23rd Feb: Had lunch at some relatives' place. Didn't talk to anyone but it was interesting seeing them.
24th Feb: S came over to my house to look at the dog farm and we baked cookies. Prepared some for D as a birthday present, I'm glad I did. It's been so long since I've seen her.
25th Feb: If I recall correctly I completed Battle Royale in the morning of this day. Proceeded to have a pretty rough day in the library, then met J for dinner and a walk in the evening.
26th Feb: Bumped into my brother on the way home and had a chat with him. It probably seems strange to list this but though we stay in the same house we hardly see or speak to each other much.

No comments:

Post a Comment